Ghelamco Arena - Where football meets business
The inauguration of the Ghelamco Arena in 2013 was a great leap forwards. Straight away the club and the city boasted the most beautiful multi-functional stadium of the country.
This state-of-the-art stadium stands as an example for many clubs at home and abroad. In the Ghelamco Arena, KAAGent:
- have seen their season ticket holders rise from 8,600 to 17,500 (a club record);
- play for an average of 19,500 spectators (10,500 in the old Ottenstadium);
- play most of their home games for a full house (20,000 spectators);
- have organised more than 400 events (business parties, product launches, meetings, congresses, seminars, road shows, …);
- have seen all their skyboxes and office boxes being rented for three seasons;
- have sold all 1,500 business seats;
- have welcomed 2300 VIP guests on average in various hospitality packages at home games;
- have grown into a real network centre where VIP guests meet each other before and after the match in the VIP business lounge;
- have given their publicity partners a 35 % higher exposure thanks to the TV-directed visuals;
- have welcomed an average of 400 partners on business evenings.
The Ghelamco Arena is without any doubt a real landmark for the city of Ghent. An evening at the football temple is sure to be an unforgettable experience. The accessibility and the parking facilities are both optimised: guests can park easily within a radius of 100 metres from the stadium.